Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fungal Hell - IT BEGINS!

Starting a new environment finally.  Been busy working on a game called Ascendant with Hapa Games.  I'll probably post some stuff up about that later once I get the chance.  I'm moving my focus more towards my portfolio now (Ascendant is heavily stylized).



This is a concept by the awesome Ryoma Tazi.  He's going to be working with me on this by provided detailed concepts of props / individual assets.  While pushing him to create extremely finished and detailed asset concept pages, it will also help push me to creating more detailed assets.



This is the rough block out so far.  Just made a bunch of simple geometry block models in Maya and duplicated a bunch of them around to get a small amount of set dressing; trying to get a feel for the amount of clutter I'm going to need to get the overgrown feel you see in the concept.  Obviously going to need a ton more but mostly as smaller detail assets.  I pushed it through to UDK; super lazy mode, just combined all the meshes and pulled it in as a single asset and gave it per poly collision so I could jump around in it.  Added some environmental fog to make sure my terrain was going out far enough and that the atmosphere and skybox I'll make later will accomplish what I need to get the feel of being in an expansive forest.  For demonstration purposes I don't intend to run all over the place, I'll mostly be showing off key camera angles in a limited space.  Trying to focus on quality not quantity.



No comments:

Post a Comment